Think U Know?
You probably know a lot about using the internet. The Think U Know website helps to show you what is good on the internet, look at what’s not so good and show you ways you can get yourself out of bad situations.
HOW TO REPORT AN ONLINE PROBLEM
Being online and using the internet is just like being in the real world – you can chat to people, play games and share pictures.
But sometimes things happen which can make you upset.
People may say nasty things to you which upset you, or you may see something that you don’t like.
If this happens, you must remember that it’s not your fault.
It’s easy to report an online problem…
- Always tell a trusted adult straight away if you are upset or worried about something that has happened online.
- Remember to save any messages that have upset you so you can show them to who you tell – they will be able to help, and they will be able to give you good advice about what else you can do.
- Never worry about getting in trouble – you aren’t the one who has done anything wrong.
- If you don’t want to talk to a trusted adult, you may want to chat to someone else about how you feel.
- ChildLine is a site where you can have a private 1-2-1 chat with a counsellor who will listen to you and not judge you.
- You can also call them for free on 0800 1111 and it won’t show up on your phone bill.
Or you can report the problem online – it’s easy to do by looking for this symbol: